Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Buhari says he is currently taking “a short rest” in London; according to a letter he wrote to the King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, King Abdullah ll Bin Al-Hussein, following the resolution of a recent rift in the royal family.
According to a statement on Thursday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, President Buhari wrote in the letter that:
“While here in London taking a short rest, I was profoundly disturbed to read from international news agencies of attempts to destabilise the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
“Your exemplary leadership since ascending the throne has attracted worldwide admiration.”
“Relations between Nigeria and Jordan have been excellent and I thank you for the part you have played in this relationship.
‘‘Your Majesty, I am much heartened that matters have now been resolved and I pray that the Hashemite Kingdom continues to not only remain peaceful, but also a major beacon of hope for the region under Your Majesty’s wise guidance.”
NewsWireNGR recalls that the Presidency had earlier issued a statement that Buhari will be undergoing what it called routine medical check-up in London to the chagrin of Nigerians.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami