Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Mohammed Sabo Nanono has allegedly married an 18-year-old lady.
According to Daily Nigerian, the minister tied the knot with the young woman identified simply as Rakiya, in a secret wedding held on Saturday, April 3, in Jere Town, Kaduna State.
It was gathered that only three representatives of the minister attended the ceremony and that the young bride has already settled in the minister’s Tamandu Close residence in Kano.
“The minister only assigned three people and warned them against disclosing the details of the marriage to people,” said a family source who preferred anonymity.
The source said Nanono’s family had kicked against the wedding but the minister insisted on marrying the girl despite the over 50 years age gap.
“The minister is madly in love. He appeared unstoppable,” the source added.
The lady has settled in the minister’s Tamandu Close residence in Kano.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami