Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former presidential candidate under the African Democratic Congress (ADC) party, Dr. Obadiah Mailafia has claimed that Nigeria is in its worst moment under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Mailafia, who is also a former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria stated this on Wednesday while appearing as a guest on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily monitored by NewsWireNGR.
He lamented the kidnappings and killings that abounds in Nigeria and said Nigeria under the former Head of State, General Sani Abacha is a golden era if one compares the two administration.
Nigeria under Abacha is regarded as one of the worst moments of the country.
Speaking, he said, “This is the worst time ever in the history of Nigeria. Ask anybody. You can’t even compare to Abacha’s time. Abacha’s time was a golden era compared to what is happening.
“You think Abacha would have tolerated all these? You can’t travel on these roads, killings everywhere, destructions everywhere.”
He further alleged that world powers sowed the seed of the insecurity by telling some people they hold the rights to rule and further supplying the with weapons to establish their agenda.
He said, “I will make the point that world powers want to destroy Nigeria and what they do is to tell some people they were born to rule, you have an agenda of Fulanisation and enforcement of one particular religion against the rest.
“The world powers encouraged them and tell them we are behind you. They provide the weapons and some local elites buy into that idea and they begin a campaign of genocide.”
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country