Estimated Reading Time: 1
Imo State Housing Corporation has revoked 49 plots of land allegedly belonging to Mrs. Geraldine Obinali, elder sister of immediate past Governor, Senator Rochas Okorocha.
The corporation alleged the plots were acquired by Mrs. Obinali, using Jessdean Ventures Limited of No. 3 Okeoma close Tran Egbu Layout.
The Government’s position was made public via a public notice issued by the management of Imo State Housing Corporation and made available to journalists in Owerri.
The revocation is contained in a statement by the General Manager/Chief Executive Officer of the Housing Corporation, Mr. Chinedu Mbakwe-Obi and media aide to the General Manager, Enwerem Prince.
The statement in part reads;
“Having complied with all legal steps of notifying Jessdean Ventures Limited, of Number 3 Okeoma Close, Trans Egbu Layout, Owerri, owned by Geraldine Obinali (nee Okorocha), we hereby revoke the following plot numbers in Redemption Housing Estate Phase III, issued to her for the purpose of providing infrastructural facilities in the estates which was never carried out.
Below are some of the affected plots numbers: RHE III/258,424, 425,422,420,419, 418, 417, 416, 415,414, 403, 421,244,244A and 245 among others.
It added “The general public is hereby being notified that if anybody had transacted on any of the above-numbered plots, they are to immediately come to the Imo State Housing Corporation with original papers for ratification.
After enumerating the numbers of the affected 49 plots, the housing corporation management equally added: “The general public is hereby notified that if anybody have transacted on any of the above numbered plots, they are to come to the Imo State Housing Corporation, with original papers for ratifications.”
Meanwhile, Governor Hope Uzodimma, in a recent radio and television live programme, assured the citizenry of the determination of his administration to “recover all ill-gotten properties, illegally acquired by any individual, no matter how highly placed”.
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday