Estimated Reading Time: 1
Militants in Igbomotoru Community in Southern Ijaw Local Government have burned down oil pipelines allegedly belonging to Agip oil.
The Nigerian Tribune reports that the attack is about the battle to control and influence the surveillance contracts being handled by a security company known as Dalong Security.
The attack on Agip Trunk pipeline route has led to the shutting down of other oil platforms along the Ogboinbiri axis and others in the area to avoid fire outbreak and heavy damage to the crude oil supply route in the area.
Members of the Egbematoru community have reportedly reached out to the Joint Military Task Force code-named Operation-Delta-Safe to report the activities of the armed gun and awaiting the deployment of security,
A source within the community told the Tribune: “Yes, we have reported their activities to security agencies and we expect to nip their activities in the bud.”
“Most members of the community are afraid to speak out. These boys engaged in sporadic shooting and they vandalized two Agip pipelines and set them ablaze close to the Beninkurukuru bush. The fire has led to the shutting down of some other facilities in the area.”
It is also gathered that the incident is being investigated by the sector 2 commands of the Joint Military Task Force in the state.
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday