Estimated Reading Time: 1
Operatives of the Ondo State Security Agency codename Operation Amotekun have arrested over 100 cows. The cows were arrested Akure/Ilesa road on Sunday in accordance with the state government’s directives that unregistered herders should not graze in the state.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the herders took to their heels upon sighting the operatives of the Amotekun Corps.
Announcing the incident, the Commander of the Corps in the State, Adetunji Adeleye said the arrest was part of the efforts at plaguing insurgency in the state and enforcing the directives of the state government that unregistered herders should not graze in the state.
According to Adeleye, the cows were intercepted and arrested at the boundary of Osun and Ondo State, adding that it took his men about 30 kilometres walk to control the cows to the corps headquarters in Akure, the State capital.
“I don’t want to narrow it on the issue of capturing cattle. I would want to say it’s a way of reducing crime. These cows were actually blocking the major road leading to the State capital,” he said.
He added that the unregistered herders use grazing as a ploy to carry out kidnappings and other insurgents acts, but the Amotekun officers stationed in the 18 local government areas in the state are working to prevent such situations.
“One of the occupants in the vehicle that was blocked called our distress line. And within few minutes, our men were on ground.
“We should take note that our men are in all the 18 local government areas and we are on 24 hours patrol. We arrived the scene promptly.
“The culprits who sited us on arrival ran away as they controlled the cows to follow them, but we were only able to control them back,” he said.
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court