Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State has broken his long silence on the viral videos where he was allegedly seen stuffing dollars in his pocket.
An online Newspaper, Daily Nigerian, had in 2018 published a series of videos showing the governor allegedly collecting kickbacks from a contractor.
Ganduje, who has never personally reacted to the videos, broke his silence in a BBC Hausa programme, A Fada A Cika, which aired on Friday evening.
His reaction followed a question by one Kano citizen, Kabiru Sa’idu Dakata, who asked what the governor is doing to end corruption.
While answering the question, Ganduje said the videos are fake and that an underground investigation is ongoing on the matter.
“We will deal with those behind the fake videos aimed at tarnishing my image. No doubt the video is fake and we are on an underground plans and investigation which we will not reveal. But I assure you the video is fake and those behind it will be put to shame,” he said.
He added that those behind the video wanted to block his reelection bid but that they failed and will be dealt.
“It is a lie and nothing of that nature ever happened. It was just a set up plan to stop me from contesting election and I have contested, they wanted to stop me from winning election and I have won. But that is not the big issue, the big one is we will deal with them.”
“Even your picture can be tempered with to show you doing something with your hand or head and you know it’s possible. People always tend to believe falsehood,” the governor added.
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court