Estimated Reading Time: <1
The convoy of Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue was attacked along Tyomu community in Makurdi Local Government Area of the State on Saturday according to the Statement Government.
Ortom was said to be returning from Gboko when the incident happened along Makurdi-Gboko highway around noon.
Witnesses said there was heavy exchange of gunfire between the attackers and the governor’s security detail.
It was gathered that the Governor was on his way to Makurdi when the gunmen opened fire on his convoy but were repelled by his security men.
More details to follow
- Gunmen abduct Abia state university students
- Abuja schools shut, students sent home as threats of bandit attacks increase
- Insecurity: Nigeria’s security chiefs appear before Senate
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students