Estimated Reading Time: 1
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said he will not support former President Goodluck Jonathan even if he gets the Presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to contest the 2023 election.
Speaking to BBC Pidgin in Port Harcourt, the governor also said God used him to make the Transport Minister, Rotimi Amaechi, a governor of Rivers.
He said: “I am a PDP member, if former President Goodluck Jonathan picks a ticket to run in my party, I will support him. I can’t do anti-party. But if he picks a ticket to run in APC, I won’t support him because I can’t do anti-party.
“He knows I won’t support him in APC even if he is from the south. I don’t do that kind of politics. It is party we are talking about and I don’t play ethnicity.”
Wike also called out Former Governor Amaechi for calling him his employee saying that the Transport Minister would not have governed the state if God had not used him to make him a governor at that time.
He said Amaechi had forgotten when he said in a church that after God in his life, the second person was he (Wike) adding that he was at liberty to choose any position in Amaechi’s government because of his contributions.
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students
- Enugu Catholic Diocese suspend Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka
- “The President condones these criminals” – Reactions as Buhari appeals to terrorists to release abducted Nigerians
- Just In: Terrorists have attacked and kidnapped nearly 100 people in Niger State
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked