Estimated Reading Time: 1
Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC (@inecnigeria) has Saturday, suspended the ongoing Ekiti East State Constituency 1 bye-election after three persons were shot dead including a policewoman.
Three persons including a policewoman have been killed by thugs in the by-election for Ekiti East Constituency (i) in Ekiti State house of assembly. The seat became vacant following the death of Juwa Adegbuyi who was representing the constituency in February.
Read statement issued by INEC explaining reasons for the suspension of the elections.
Several vehicles were also vandalised in the violence at different polling units.
Biodun Olujimi, senator representing Ekiti South, was said to have escaped by whiskers as the thugs went on a rampage in her polling units in Omuo Ekiti.
Before the election turned bloody, elderly persons seen casting their ballots as posted by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC,
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t