Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the release of funds for the payment of itinerant workers engaged under the Special Public Works Programme.
Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo said this in a tweet via his official handle on Saturday.
The minister said he has directed the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) to commence the processing of payments for the workers engaged in the 774 local government areas.
The Federal Government in January, this year flagged off the 774, 000 jobs with each participant expected to receive N20, 000 each in the next three months.
The minister said participants will be paid through their bank verification numbers (BVN).
He said this is done to eliminate fraud and/or double payments to participants.
The minister added that participants who registered with different names shouldn’t expect payments.
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student