Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen on Saturday night razed the Isiala Mbano Divisional Headquarters located at Umuelemai in Imo State.
The gunmen, who freed suspects held in the detention facility, invaded the divisional headquarters armoury and carted away arms.
The gunmen on arrival condoned off the Divisional Headquarters located at Umueze Road and opened fire.
According to eyewitnesses, on arrival, the suspects sacked policemen on duty, freed suspects, invaded the arms storage department of the facility before setting it ablaze.
four policemen allegedly sustained gunshot injuries from the Invaders.
Punch Newspaper reports that the gunmen did not flee as they stayed by and supervised the burning of the police facility.
“The gunmen came, condoned of the divisional headquarters and immediately opened fire on the policemen on duty. This was after they had freed all the suspects and collected all the arms. Afterwards, they set it ablaze using petrol to ignite fire. This is very unfortunate.” – The paper reported.
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole
- Gunmen kill five Police Officers, two civilians in Rivers
- Wike says Nasir el-Rufai is reaping from the evil he plotted against Rivers State
- Hadiza Bala-Usman faces Probe over un-remitted N165.3bn funds
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies