Estimated Reading Time: 1
The chief of air staff, Isiaka Amao has threatened that the Nigerian military is prepared to attack the terrorists and kidnappers operating in the country.
Amao disclosed this on Wednesday during an operational visit to the Nigerian air force base in Kaduna base.
He added that the military has finalised plans as ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari and are ready to charge after the insurgents to restore peace.
“Our officers and men are ready for the battle against bandits and kidnappers,” he said.
“We are working towards that in synergy, the platforms are ready for the operations and we are liaising with the Army and other ground troops for the operations.
“My message to bandits is that we are coming after them together with the Army, Navy and other security agencies to make sure they are flushed out of the country.”
He added that the military is focused on improving the welfare of air force operatives in order to motivate them to discharge their duties.
“Welfare entails providing the personnel with equipments, conducive training environment and where they live and to make sure they are given their entitlements”, he said.
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday