Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC)
has arrested a former Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) , Professor Dibu Ojerinde
The ICPC Spokesperson, Azuka Ogugua made the announcement on Wednesday.
Ogugua said in the statement that the former JAMB Boss was arrested on March 15, 2021, in Abuja for committing multiple frauds while heading JAMB and the National Examination Council (NECO).
“He has been detained by the Commission for questioning over allegations of multiple identities, abuse of office, money laundering, tax evasion, and making false statements to public officials.
“The former JAMB boss is also being questioned by the Commission for allegedly awarding fraudulent contracts to shell companies which cannot be traced,” the statement read.
The former JAMB official allegedly awarded numerous fraudulent contracts to shell companies that cannot be traced.
Two of such were contracts awarded for the supply of pencils and erasers at the cost of N450 million each to Double 07 Concept Limited, and Pristine Global Concept Limited, respectively in 2013 and 2014.
“There is no evidence to show that the items which are examination materials were supplied as the contractors cannot be found.
“Similar contracts were allegedly awarded to Solid Figures Limited, Holywalk Limited and other companies for various sums without any trace of executions,” ICPC added.
Ojerinde is currently being held on a remand warrant and will soon be charged to court upon the conclusion of the investigation.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems