Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria’s minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed has responded to the reported formation of the “Biafra Customary Government” by Asari Dokubo, calling it a “theatre of the absurd by a joker seeking attention’’.
Dokubo, leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Salvation Force, had declared the formation of the purported government on Sunday, and also named those who would serve as leaders in the government alongside himself.
Speaking on the development in Lagos on Monday, Lai Mohammed, said the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari will not be distracted by the absurdity of such actions.
“I am sure you have heard of the theatre of the absurd; that is the best way I can describe it,” Mohammed said.
“If Asari Dokubo wants to form and run a phantom government, I think he is free to do so. This administration will not be distracted because we still have a lot to do.
“We are not ready to give any attention or time to a joker like Dokubo who is just looking for attention. We will just take it as one of these entertainment things.
“The beauty about Nigeria is that it is never a dull country; you must have one thing or the other to entertain you.”
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t