Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ondo Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has ordered indefinite suspension of activities of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) in the state.
He directed all NURTW members are to immediately vacate all motor parks across the state.
The Governor had last week said the suspension of NURTW and RTEAN activities in motor parks would only last for two weeks.
Akeredolu, who spoke Tuesday through his Senior Special Assistant on Special Duties and strategy, Dr Doyin Odebowale, said the indefinite suspension would not affect RTEAN.
Akeredolu said the decision to suspend NURTW activities indefinitely was based on the unruly and uncultured behaviour of the union leaders.
He said the violent attacks on members and the innocent citizens were unacceptable.
- ‘Explore other social messaging platforms with respectable privacy limits’ – FG warns against WhatsApp
- ‘476 Online publications created to fight the Government have been uncovered’ – Lai Mohammed claims
- NDLEA expresses worry over marijuana-laced cakes as lawmaker makes a case for legalization
- Breaking: Again, Buhari seeks new N2.342tr external loan
- Osogbo youths protest EFFC raids and alleged harassment
- Dubawa inducts 26 fact-checkers for 2021 West Africa-wide fellowship
- Governor El-Rufai declares NLC President Wabba wanted
- Kaduna Governor curses rights activist, Chidi Odinkalu
- Police rescue kidnapped UNIJOS professor, husband
- ASUU joins NLC strike in Kaduna in solidarity