Estimated Reading Time: 1
Over 50 persons have been reportedly abducted by terrorists along the Tegina-Minna road in Rafi Local Government of Niger state on Tuesday.
NewsWireNGR gathered from reports that the three buses commuting nine passengers each rammed into an ambush set by the terrorists.
The passengers, alongside the drivers in the three vehicles were kidnapped and conveyed to an unknown location and the vehicles were left by the road side.
Same day, terrorists also attacked Gidigoro town in Rafi council. They abducted some villagers, burnt five cars and went away with valuables.
A senior government official who does not want the name mentioned, said up until this moment, nothing has been heard from the terrorists for the government to know the identities of those abducted.
The development came barely one week since the abducted Kagara schoolboys regained their freedom.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami