Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen suspected to be terrorists have abducted the sister in-law and brother of the Commissioner for Youth and Sport Development in Sokoto state, Bashir Gorau.
Gorau broke the news of the abduction on his verified Facebook account on Wednesday.
The message read, ” Innalillahi wa Inna wa innalillahi Rajiuun!!!.
“It’s about 12:45am that, Bandits attacked our House in Gorau Town, Goronyo local government area and abducted wife of our elder brother Alhaji Lawali Gorau and one of our brother Hassan Manya.
“May God protect and return them to Us safely, Amin. In need of your prayers fellow Muslim.”
While speaking to journalists, the Commissioner said the terrorists shot into the air when they stormed the house.
He said it could have been a targeted crime because apart from his sister in-law and brother, they didn’t take anybody in the village.
When asked if the kidnappers had contacted the family, he said, “We are still waiting for their call to know their demands.”
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled