Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Senate has confirmed the appointment of the new service chiefs.
The new service chiefs, Major General Lucky Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff; Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral Awwal Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff; Awwal Gambo and Air Vice Marshall Oladayo Alao, Chief Air Staff were nominated by President Muhammadu Buhari in February after accepting the resignation of the past service chiefs.
Their confirmation today was preceded by a report by the Senate Committee on Defence.
While presenting the report, Chairman of the Committee Senator Aliu Wamako told the Senate that the nominees were thoroughly screened and did not receive any petition against them during the screening process.
Senate President Ahmed Lawan congratulated the new service chiefs and told them to charge against the terrorists enclaves.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami