Estimated Reading Time: 1
The abductees from Government Science Secondary School Kagara, in Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State have been released.
A government official who confirmed the release to Channels TV said they are on their way to Minna, the state capital.
According to him the children where released from a location close to where the fifty-three abductees were released a week ago.
They are expected to be received by Governor Abubakar Bello at the Government House in Minna.
Twenty-seven students and 14 others were abducted from the school but the abducted in an exclusive audio recording made available to NewsWireNGR had demanded ransom be paid.
The Secretary to the Government of Niger State (SSG), Ahmed Ibrahim Matane, has appealed to bandits across the state to surrender their arms and dialogue with the state.
More details to follow..
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami