Estimated Reading Time: 1
Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, spokesperson of Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano, has been reportedly arrested and moved to Abuja after his comments early tweets Friday saying the All Progressives Congress (APC) has failed Nigerians in the area of security.
He was initially declared missing by friends and Family after he was no where to be found for many hours but Tanko-Yakasai’s arrests follows his comment in reaction to the abduction of students from Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, Talata-Mafara local government area of Zamfara.
Early Saturday, Engr. Abba posted on twitter, alerting the world, “Family, friends and colleagues have been unable to locate @dawisu for at least 14 hours now, both lines of his have been unavailable since he left his home at about 4pm yesterday. If you have any information regarding his whereabouts please let us know! This is URGENT! Thank you”
Tanko-Yakasai had also called on the federal government to deal decisively with terrorism and insecurity in the country hours before he was arrested by the state security..
He noted that it has become normal that each time tragedy strikes, Nigerians lament, condemn and the government pretends to do something with no concrete measure to forestall a recurrence.
“Clearly, we as APC government, at all levels, have failed Nigerians in the number 1 duty we were elected to do which is to secure lives & properties. Not a single day goes by without some sort of insecurity in this land. This is a shame! Deal with terrorists decisively or resign,” he said in a Twitter post.
“Norm indeed, each time another tragedy happens, we lament, condemn, create hashtag, the govt pretends to do something, no concrete steps to prevent reoccurrence, and then we repeat the process. To what end? Where are those saddled with the responsibility?”
The gunmen who invaded the Zamfara school were said to have invaded the school at midnight, kidnapping an a total of 317 school girls.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems