Estimated Reading Time: 2
The police in Cross River State has paraded an 18-year-old SS2 student of Ikot Ewa Community Secondary School, Akpabuyo who was earlier reported to have taken a gun to school to shoot her teacher.
The teenager, name withheld was arrested at her school with a locally-made gun, the police confirmed.
The police also said the student confessed to belonging to a cult group called “Sky Queens Confraternity”.
This was revealed on Friday at the Cross River State Police Command Headquarters, Diamond Hill Calabar when she was paraded alongside an over 50-year-old man, who the police described as her ‘boyfriend’.
Briefing Journalists, Sikiru Akande, the Cross River State Commissioner of Police, disclosed that from their Investigation the girl was taking the locally made double barrel pistol to a blacksmith.
“They were reports that she took the gun to school to shoot a teacher who had asked her to cut her hair, I can confirm that it is not the case.
“Upon investigation we discovered that she was given the gun by her boyfriend to take to a blacksmith, she brought it to school.” The CP said.
Speaking, the arrested suspect and said ‘boyfriend’ to the girl, Okon Effiong told journalists that he has been having sex with the teenager, and in turn have been providing support to her family.
“I am a married man with six children, I did not give her the gun, she took it herself where I kept it under the bed.
“I started sleeping with her in August last year, her mother knows me, I have been doing small something on her head, they know she is my wife,” he said.
On her part, the schoolgirl also claimed to be taking the pistol to the blacksmith before it was confiscated by her school principal.
“I am a member of Sky Queen Confraternity, I am just an ordinary member, I don’t hold any position in the group, I have known the owner of the gun who is my man-friend since last year, he sleeps with me and supports me with little things, but he is not the one paying my school fees.
“My mother knows about him because he visits me at our house and sometimes he sleeps over at my place because I have my own room then in the morning he goes back to his own house,” the girl said.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems