Estimated Reading Time: 1
Adamawa United driver, Alhaji Kabiru has regained his freedom after his abductors received a ransom of one million Naira.
Mr Kabiru was kidnapped on Friday night after the team bus was attacked along the Benin-Ore expressway.
The Nigeria Professional Football Club (NPFL) side was on the way to Lagos to play MFM FC in the week 11 match.
Kabiru’s abductors intially demanded N50m as ransom, but the amount was later reduced to N5 million and eventually N1 million.
His wife, Rashidat Kabiru confirmed his release to newsmen early Thursday.
“We thank God. My husband has been released after we paid 1 million naira to the kidnappers on Wednesday evening,” the wife said.
“My husband is already with his brother who went from Anambra state to drop the ransom.
“We expect him back home soon. And we thank everybody for their support and prayers.”
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami