Estimated Reading Time: 2
In a bid to shore up its covid response and expand its capacity to handle cases, a groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a holding bay/ isolation centre at the University of Calabar to provide care for students of the institutions with suspected cases of COVID 19 has held in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
Performing the ceremony, Dr Betta Edu, the state commissioner of health commended the Vice-Chancellor for a job well done and gave the school kudos for it preparedness
“I want to wholeheartedly commend the Vice Chancellor and her COVID-19 taskforce team for the efforts they’ve put to ensure the safety of all their returning students. I decided to take this tour to enable me see for myself the level of preparedness put in place by the COVID-19 taskforce team and I must say that am very satisfied with what I’ve seen so far.
“The school has put in place an Auto sanitizing disinfectant tunnel at all the points of entry, including the various offices, hand washing stations, proper transportation monitoring system, infra red screening, disinfecting tunnels, and now we are starting the constriction of this holding bay.” She said.
On her part, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Calabar, Prof. Florence Obi thanked the state government for the support the school has received so far and that she hopes for more collaborations on many fronts.
“When you have a Health Commissioner like Dr Betta Edu you’ll be rest assured that your problems are solved. The government of Sen Prof Ben Ayade has been of immense support to UNICAL and that I can’t stop commending. We’ve received massive support from this government through Dr Betta Edu as even today more COVID-19 preventive items have been donated to us again.”
The VC reiterated her commitment to a safe learning and working environment for students and staff respectively.
Highlight of the event was the official ground breaking/blocks laying foundation of the ongoing building by the health boss Dr Betta Edu.
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls
- Jangebe Kidnapping: Repentant terrorists helped us rescue the schoolgirls – Matawalle
- Kidnapped Jangebe schoolgirls regain their freedom
- ‘The first thing I’m focused on, is COVID-19’ Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala says
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm