Estimated Reading Time: 1
Debo Adebayo better known as Mr. Macaroni has recounted his experience with the Nigerian Police after he was arrested along with other protesters over an attempt to protest the reopening of the Lekki tollgate.
Adebayo who was also very active during the #EndSARS campaign in October of 2020 said in a video he uploaded on his Facebook that he was scared initially and didn’t want to go to the venue of the planned protest. He said he got calls from his father, siblings, and friends not to attend.
He further disclosed that officers of the Nigerian Police beat them up, stripped them, and threatened that they would have been killed if the protest was at night time. Watch full video below…
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls