Estimated Reading Time: 1
Eighteen passengers of the Niger State Transport Authority have been kidnapped by bandits in Niger state but multiple reports say the number of abducted persons is more than reported.
The attack, which occurred at Yakila village in Rafi Local Government Area of the state, saw the bandits leaving a woman and her baby behind while they went away with other 18 passengers.
The passengers were said to be heading to Minna, the state capital from Kotangora when the incident happened.
The Director-General of the Niger State Emergency Management Agency, Mallam Ibrahim Inga, confirmed the incident .
Inga, who was on his way from Kagara for the revalidation of his APC membership in the company of the Chief of staff, said they met the scene where the bandit operated.
He explained that they met a woman with her child who was left by the bandits who told them other 18 passengers on the bus have been taken away.
“The only thing I can tell you now is that we have rescued the woman and her baby and she is in the vehicle with us and we are on our way to Minna. She told us that the bandits blocked the way and went away with the other 18 passengers.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami