Estimated Reading Time: 1
Bandits have killed some Nigerian Air Force personnel in an ambush in Kaduna State.
The incident occured, on Saturday, when the troops of the 271 NAF detachment foiled an ambush set up by a group of over 100 bandits at Ungwan Laya near Birnin Gwari.
in a statement on Saturday, the NAF spokesman, AVM Ibikunle Daramola said the troops were able to fight their way through the ambush “killing dozens of bandits in the process.”
“Unfortunately, some NAF personnel paid the supreme price during the operation, while a few others sustained varying degrees of injuries. The injured personnel are currently receiving treatment at the NAF Hospital in Kaduna,” he stated.
The statement further said the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao, on behalf all officers, airmen, airwomen and civilian staff of the NAF, commiserated with the families of the fallen heroes and prayed the Almighty God to grant their souls peaceful repose.
“The CAS, who visited the injured personnel in the hospital this evening, has urged all NAF personnel to remain resolute and continue to work assiduously, in synergy with sister services and other security agencies, to rid the North-West of all criminal elements,” it added.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds