Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ms Chidiebere Onyia, an abducted Journalist of the National Television Authority, NTA has on Sunday regained her freedom after spending five days in kidnappers’ den.
Mrs Onyia was kidnapped at around 8pm on Tuesday at gunpoint at rail line axis of Woji, Obio/Akpor local government area of Rivers State,
She has been reportedly released on the early hours of Sunday, at around 12 am.
A source who spoke to press men, said she was earlier taken to the hospital for medical examination, but she has since joined her family. It is however unclear if the family paid a ransom to secure her release.
Confirming her release, spokesman of the State Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni, described her release as a valentine gift to her family.
“Yes, she has been released. It is a Valentine gift to journalist. I have on my way to see her. I will release an official statement later,” Omoni stated.
- Cross River Govenor’s aide threatens suicide over unpaid salary
- In Kaduna, bandits have killed no fewer than 18 people in two local government areas
- Nigeria is expecting COVID-19 vaccines from three donor sources – Health Minister
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing
- Akeredolu calls for decentralisation of Police
- Just in: Senate approves Bawa’s appointment as new EFCC Chairman
- Auditor-General indicts MDAs on N105.66Billion spending
- Victims of NAF plane crash to be buried on Thursday
- WAEC withholds 70,000 SSCE results in Kano as government default on payment for sponsored students
- Borno Governor confirms 10 dead, 47 injured as he visits victims of Maiduguri attack