Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Katsina State Police Command has arrested and charged a former chairman of Jibia Local Government Area for allegedly aiding and abetting gang activity in the state.
Haruna Musa Mota was arrested by the police on suspicion of supporting and sponsoring gangs ravaging several local government areas in Katsina.
In an audio message circulating on social media over the weekend, it was alleged that Haruna Mota was talking to one of the abductors of the Kankara High School students in recent days.
Confirming the arrest on Monday, State Police Spokesperson Gambo Isah Katsina said they have already charged the suspect in court, according to Channels TV.
Security forces in northwestern Nigeria continue to crack down on bandits, who have ravaged Kaduna, Zamfara, Katsina, Sokoto and Niger states.
On February 3, police killed three robbers in the Dutsima area and confiscated two AK-47 rifles.
Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai told the BBC Hausa Service that “lack of co-operation among regional governors is preventing an end to terrorism” in the region.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government