Estimated Reading Time: 1
A member of the house of representatives, has died of an unknown illness.
Ossy Prestige, who represented Aba north/south federal constituency, died on Monday.
NewsWireNGR gathered that he had been receiving medical attention for some months, both in Nigeria and abroad.
Benjamin Kalu, the house spokesman, confirmed the development to journalists, although he did not give details about the cause of the lawmaker’s death.
“The house will resume and adjourn plenary as our tradition permits for the next day,” he said
Ossy, a member of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), was “committed to good representation and accountability”, according to his Twitter bio.
Prestige is now the third member of the lower legislative chamber to have died in the ninth assembly.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom