Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former presidential candidate Prof Patrick Utomi has said that United States President-elect, Joe Biden will avoid working with President Muhammadu Buhari because of the increased corruption in the country.
Speaking in an interview with Punch on Monday, Utomi said the Biden and then US president Barack Obama supported the candidacy of Buhari because they believed he would solve the corruption in the country.
“Obama was an extreme activist in seeking regime change in Nigeria because of the vast corruption and many of us supported the move but we later found out that the corruption did not change; Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past.
“So, Biden will go back to a more liberal engagement with Nigeria but he is not going to be supportive of the incumbent (Buhari) the way Obama was because they can see that the incumbent fails to bring Nigeria together or move it forward, because they have now realised that Nigeria has become a more dangerous place to live”
Utomi had at different times claimed that the Buhari-led administration is more corrupt than previous governments. In 2019, Utomi who is a seasoned businessman said that Nigeria is not fertile for investment because of corruption.
- Yakassai: Jonathan did not punish you, Tinubu, El-Rufai for criticism – Falana tells Buhari
- Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari assures
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo