Estimated Reading Time: 1
The University of Calabar, UNICAL, has announced that students should resume from the 5th of February, 2020 for the continuation of the 2019/2020 session’s first semester.
The date was approved after an emergency council meeting yesterday, Monday, January 18th, 2020 at the university campus in Calabar, the Cross River state capital.
Announcing the date on it official Facebook page, the University said;
“The Senate of the University of Calabar under the leadership of the Vice-Chancellor, Prof Florence Obi has announced the 5th of February, 2021 as the date of resumption for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
“The Vice-Chancellor said the date was carefully chosen to give Management sufficient time to effect repairs in the hostels arising from the vandalization of facilities during the Endsars rampage that adversely affected the institution.
“Prof Florence Obi said all students are to resume on 5th February 2021 while lectures will commence on 8th February 2021.”
- Yakassai: Jonathan did not punish you, Tinubu, El-Rufai for criticism – Falana tells Buhari
- Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari assures
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo