Estimated Reading Time: 1
A petrol tanker explosion in Kuto, Abeokuta, Ogun State has left seven vehicles, six motorcycles burnt, four persons injured and 3 people killed
The tanker which was carrying 33,000 litres of fuel was said to have lost control while descending from the Sagamu-Siun-Oke-Mosan Road and hit a motorcycle that was in motion and some commercial buses waiting for passengers.
The explosion happened shortly after the hit.
NewsWireNGR gathered that driver of the tanker, which was coming from Sagamu-Siun – Oke-Mosan road, climbed the overhead bridge, lost control of the wheels while descending from the bridge.
Eyewitness said the tanker hit a motorcycle, which was on a motion, and rammed into some commercial vehicles waiting for passengers at the end of the bridge.
The tanker immediately went up in flames while other vehicles around caught the fire.
Joint rescue operations comprising Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and Police are currently at the scene.
The Director of Ogun State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) has confirmed three persons dead in the explosion.
- Yakassai: Jonathan did not punish you, Tinubu, El-Rufai for criticism – Falana tells Buhari
- Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari assures
- NDLEA arrests a trans-border drug trafficker with N1bn worth of cocaine in Sokoto
- Just In: Katsina orders reopening of boarding schools after Kankara abduction
- Salihu Tanko-Yakasai’s family petitions DSS
- COVID-19: Nigeria to get four million vaccine doses Tuesday
- APC Youths blame Salihu Tanko-Yakasai for his comments on Buhari – demand his release
- Chinedu Ekeke: Buhari regime, gasping for air, begging to breathe
- Correction: 317 kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara yet to be freed
- I will never accept and legalise same-sex marriage – Ghana President, Akufo-Addo