Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday met behind closed doors with President Patrice Talon of Benin Republic at the State House, Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Beninese leader, who arrived at the forecourt of the presidential villa at 11.09 a.m., was received by President Buhari. The agenda of the meeting is currently unknown
Talon, who last met with the Nigerian leader in June 2019, was in the villa to thank Buhari for ordering the re-opening of Nigerian borders in Dec. 2020.
Buhari had in Aug. 2019 ordered closure of Nigeria’s land borders to check smuggling of rice and other foodstuffs as well as small arms and light weapons.
The president and the visiting Beninese leader are also expected to discuss security and bilateral matters as well as other sub-regional issues.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom