Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Rivers State Police Command on Sunday arrested a police officer, Sergeant Ibrahim Odege and another 32-year old Sampson Inomoghe over alleged links to an armed robbery operation in Elekahla community, Port Harcourt.
The two suspects were reported to have raided the community with a motorcycle on Saturday night and threatened their victims with a pistol.
They were apprehended when one of their victims raised an alarm and the exit routes in the community were blocked.
The Police announced their arrest through a statement by the spokesperson of the state Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni on Sunday.
Omoni said that the police had received a distressed call from the community at around 10 pm on Saturday. The response led to the arrest of the two armed robbers who were later identified as
Sergeant Ibrahim Odege and Sampson Inomoghe, 32yrs from Nembe in Bayelsa State,
The police spokesperson added that the two suspects were arrested at the scene of the crime with the properties they had robbed from their victims and a locally made Bareta pistol.
He said, “Operatives of the Elekahia Division on 16/1/2021 at about 2200Hrs responded to a distress call at the Elekahia Housing Estate, where two armed robbers, who were robbing people and dispossessing them of their valuables were arrested.
“The timely arrival of the police led to the arrest of the two armed robbers, who were later identified as Sergeant Ibrahim Odege attached to the Operations Department of the Rivers Police Command and one Sampson Inomoghe ‘m’ 32yrs from Nembe in Bayelsa State, but resides at Rumuokwrushi in Obio/Akpor LGA.
“The duo were arrested at the scene of crime with the following exhibits; three different handsets belonging to their victims and one locally made Bareta pistol. One of the Victims, Mrs Doris Elechi, identified them as those that robbed her of her Tecno handset, which is one of the exhibits recovered.”
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government