Estimated Reading Time: 1
Lagos state governor, Babatunde Sanwo-Olu, has reviewed the work-from-home directive to public servants on Grade 14 and below. They are now to resume on February 1.
The directive was included in a circular to members of the State Executive Councils, Heads of Ministries, and other Department and Agencies on Saturday.
Signed by the Head of Service, Hakeem Muri-Okunola, the directive stated that the extension of the resumption date takes effect from January 18 to February 1.
The state government had earlier issued a similar directive on January 3, asking Grade 14 and below to function from home till January 18.
The state government said the development was aimed at pre-empting further spread of the virus but excluded essential duty staff as well as first responders.
Also, the government advised public servants to adhere to all COVID-19 protocols while reiterating that public and private schools are still scheduled for resumption on Monday, January 18.
The state recorded 713 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday and a total of 39,262 since the outbreak of the virus.
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara