Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen on Friday kidnapped Emma Ogueri, a lecturer at Imo State University, Owerri.
Ogueri, a lecturer at the Faculty of Social Science, was abducted at a pharmacy opposite All Seasons Hotel located at Owerri.
He was said to be hanging out with friends and had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine when he was kidnapped.
The victim, a native of Eziama autonomous community in the Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of the State, was whisked away by his abductors who were allegedly dressed in police uniform.
A source told Punch Newspaper that the victim was beaten before he was taken away in a waiting vehicle.
The source said, “The lecturer was drinking with his friends and suddenly said he was having a headache and went across the road to buy drugs.
“As he approached the pharmacy, men dressed in police uniform, wielding guns, jumped out of a vehicle, used a machete on the lecturer and whisked him into a waiting vehicle.”
The kidnappers had established communication with the family of the victim.
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara