Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, says new recruits into the Nigerian army will be deployed to Sambisa to engage Boko Haram and defend the country.
He said this while giving a charge during the final screening for 80 regular recruits held at the notorious Falgore forest in Tudun Wads local government area of Kano state.
“All of you will go to Sambisa at the end of your depot training. If you are not ready to move to Sambisa and other parts of the country, and of course, our border areas to defend our country from any act of aggression, then you have not started.”
He also said those who are not disciplined and loyal to the cause are free to find their own way.
“You must make up your mind that you are ready to serve your country as a soldier and you should be ready,” he said.
It is not yet late, if you have any doubt, then you can stand up and go. There is no room for laziness and indiscipline in the army and no room for malingering.”
Burutai said that henceforth the recruitment and selection would be conducted in Falgore forest, pointing out that all recruits will be subjected to a similar process.
“This is where we will select those that will become cadets and be trained as officers as well because, at the end of all the training, the officers and soldiers will operate together under the same condition,” he said.
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai