Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Ekiti State House of Assembly Service Commission has sacked 21 members of its staff for sundry offences including irregular appointment, absenteeism, and other allegations that contravened the condition of service.
The Chairman of the Commission, Hon Taiwo Olatunbosun who stated this in a statement in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday, said the decision was taken in compliance with the report of staff audit undertaken as part of the efforts to reorganize the commission for effective service delivery.
He added that the audit, which started last year on assumption of office of the present Commission members engaged the services of Auditors over complaints, agitations and petitions from members of staff on allegations of absenteeism, arbitrary promotion and placement of officers above colleagues without regards to scheme of service.
“The audit which discovered some irregularities ranging from hiding, alteration and mutilation of files, advancement of staffs without due process, appointees illegally retained in the system after expiration of tenure, arbitrary transfer of service without cognate experience, overage staff members, irregular appointments/promotion of staff without approval, cases of forgeries, arbitrary placement of officers with utter disregard to scheme of service, etc
“The outcome of the report has since been discussed with the management staff of the Commission and the leadership of the state chapter of the Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria (PASAN).
“The Commission wishes to stress that the routine staff audit was carried out in good faith without any intention of vendetta, witch-hunt or victimization against anyone.
It is equally important to note that the exercise will assist the Commission to restructure, reposition and bridge the generational gap in the establishment”.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students