Estimated Reading Time: 1
A Boeing 737 passenger plane has reportedly vanished while flying over the sea after “falling 10,000ft” minutes after taking off.
Sriwijaya Air Flight 182 lost contact with Indonesia’s aviation authorities shortly after taking off from capital Jakarta, according to Indonesia’s search and rescue agency.
FlightRadar24 data show the plane was a Boeing 737-500 series.
The Sriwijaya Air passenger plane lost contact after taking off from Indonesian capital Jakarta on Saturday en route to Pontianak in West Kalimantan province.
It’s been reported the flight fell 10,000ft in less than one minute, about four minutes after taking off.
Flightradar24 tweeted: “We are following reports of a missing Boeing 737-500 in Indonesia. We hope to have more information soon.”
Sriwijaya Air said in a statement it is still gathering more detailed information regarding the flight before it can make any
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government