Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Zamfara State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of six children, Alhaji Sani Gyare of Kadauri village in Maru Local Government Area of the state.
Spokesman SP Shehu Muhammed confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria – NAN in Gusau.
According to him, police had received reports of the abduction of seven children, six at Alhaji Gyare’s house and the seventh at his neighbour’s house in Kadauri village.
“The commissioner of police, CP Abutu Yaro, has deployed special forces to rescue the children,” a police spokesman said.
Records show the kidnappers arrived in the village on Friday night and committed the crime.
Kidnappings for ransom are on the rise in northwestern Nigeria, especially in Katsina, Zamfara and Kaduna.
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters