Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Zamfara State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of six children, Alhaji Sani Gyare of Kadauri village in Maru Local Government Area of the state.
Spokesman SP Shehu Muhammed confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria – NAN in Gusau.
According to him, police had received reports of the abduction of seven children, six at Alhaji Gyare’s house and the seventh at his neighbour’s house in Kadauri village.
“The commissioner of police, CP Abutu Yaro, has deployed special forces to rescue the children,” a police spokesman said.
Records show the kidnappers arrived in the village on Friday night and committed the crime.
Kidnappings for ransom are on the rise in northwestern Nigeria, especially in Katsina, Zamfara and Kaduna.
- Police rescue kidnapped UNIJOS professor, husband
- ASUU joins NLC strike in Kaduna in solidarity
- ‘Nigeria may experience worse hike in food prices’ – Farmers Association
- Kaduna Strike: El-Rufai accuses NLC of ‘unlawful practice’
- ‘PDP Governors’ Forum meeting is a waste of time’ – APC says
- Governor Dapo Abiodun’s aide arrested in the US for alleged identity theft and unemployment scam
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing