Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Sokoto State governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has appointed Mallam Abubakar Muhammad as the new Head of Service of Sokoto State.
In a statement, the governor’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Muhammad Bello, said the appointment followed the retirement of the former Head of Service, Alhaji Sani Garba Shuni.
Muhammad, a graduate of Sociology from Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, was born February 4, 1967. He attended the Senior Executive Course 31 at the prestigious National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru, Jos, Plateau State in 2009.
Before then, he has worked in the Sokoto State Newspaper Company in 1992 rising through the ranks to become a Permanent Secretary in 2008 when he touched base at the State Ministry of Agriculture.
Eventually, he moved in the same capacity from the State Pilgrims Welfare Agency through the Ministries of Information and Higher Education to Health where he was elevated to his present position.
His appointment takes immediate effect.
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north