Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former vice-chancellor of the University of Lagos, Oye Ibidapo-Obe, is dead.
Mr Ibidapo-Obe was the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Council of First Technical University, Ibadan.
His death was confirmed in a Sunday statement by the Registrar and Secretary to the Council of First Technical University, Olayinka Balogun.
“With heavy heart, and submission to the will of God I write to inform Council members of the transition to glory of Professor Oye Ibidapo-Obe, the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, First Technical University, Ibadan which occurred today 03/01/2021.
“I pray for the repose of the soul of the departed,” the registrar wrote without stating the cause of his death.
Mr Ibidapo-Obe, 69, was a professor of systems engineering, He was the Unilag vice-chancellor between 2000 and 2007.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore