Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Youth Service Corps has said it did not abandon corps members who tested positive for COVID-19 in isolation Centres.
An online report had said some corps members deployed to Jigawa State who tested positive for the virus were abandoned at the state’s isolation centre despite showing no symptom.
Reacting to the report, NYSC issued a statement on Twitter saying it does not represent the true position of things.
NYSC said, “The story is not true and does not in any way represent the true position of things concerning either the corps members in reference or prospective corps members earlier quarantined in other isolation centres for testing positive for COVID-19.
“Of a truth, some corps members of the 2020 Batch “A” deployed to Jigawa State, who returned to camp to conclude the Orientation Programme earlier truncated in March this year, arising from COVID-19 pandemic, tested positive for the dreaded virus at the camp.
“It is pertinent to state that before admission into any NYSC camp, both the prospective corps members or corps members as the case may be, and camp officials must undergo COVID-19 test.
“Those that tested negative were allowed into the camps, while cases of those that tested positive are handled by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.”
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn