Estimated Reading Time: 1
A New York doctor has tested positive for COVID-19 four days after getting the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine, Ynet.
The case occurred at Montefiore Hospital in New York on Monday.
“One of our team members started to feel symptoms about four days after he got the vaccine,” said Dr. Amos Dudi, an intensive care and lung disease specialist at the hospital. “We are not sure when exactly he was infected, it may have even been before he received the vaccine or it could be after then.”
Despite the suspense the situation has created, health experts say it is normal.
Dr Dudi emphasized that the Pfizer vaccine does not achieve its full effect of protection from the coronavirus until the second dose has been administered, 21 days after the first dose is given.
“We do not expect to be immune to the virus before that. It is precisely this period of time between the two vaccine doses is the period of time in which people should be careful and not be complacent. I myself was vaccinated 11 days ago, and that does not stop me from putting on a mask and being as cautious as I was before that. On the contrary, I may be even a little more cautious.”
“In practice this is impossible. The test tests for a genetic material that cannot be detected as a result of the vaccine. We do not see any connection between the test and the vaccine itself.”
New York state has reported more than 914,000 cases of Covid-19 infection and more than 37,000 deaths related to the virus.
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour