Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos state government has cautioned international travellers to beware of fake COVID-19 result certificates being sold to some inbound travellers.
The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi raised the alarm at a press briefing on Monday in Lagos.
He said, “Positivity for inbound travellers is on the rise as Nigerians in the Diaspora return to spend Christmas in Lagos.
It has come to our attention that a number of people are patronising individuals that sell fake COVID-19 results.
“We are currently putting in processes to identify both buyers and sellers, and we will not hesitate to prosecute them,” Abayomi said.
Nigeria, like other countries of the World is currently experiencing the second wave of COVID-19 as not less than 20 medical doctors reportedly died from the virus last week.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%