Estimated Reading Time: 1
Some unidentified gunmen who abducted a female councillor from Ogu-Bolo in Rivers State, Hannah Alasomuka have demanded the sum of N50 million as her ransom.
The Punch reports that Mrs Alasomuka who represents Ward 6 in Ikpokiri town, in the Ogu/Bolo Local Government Area, was abducted by three gunmen who shot continuously to scare away residents near a wharf at Igbokiri on Sunday.
Having established contact with the kidnappers, the Councillor’s kinsman and Chief Whip of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Evans Bipi, confirmed that the abductors demanded N50m.
“It happened on Sunday, around 12 midnight at Ikpokiri, opposite the wharf. They (kidnappers) demanded N50m or she will be killed,” Bipi said.
Also, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, confirmed the incident, “Yes, I can confirm that. All hands are on deck to ensure her timely release. The tactical unit has been fully mobilised and the Commissioner of Police has given them marching orders to ensure that she is released in record time.”
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters