Estimated Reading Time: 1
A Former member of the Federal House of Representatives, Alhaji Danlami Hamza, has died as a result of COVID-19 complications.
Hamza, who was admitted on Saturday at a COVID-19 isolation centre at Kwanar Dawaki in Kano, died on Sunday afternoon.
The former lawmaker died at the age of 70.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the funeral prayer was conducted at about 6:00 p.m at Fagge, in Kano metropolis, with the corpse inside an ambulance.
The deceased was then buried at Abattoir Cemetery in Fagge with the aid of health officials in personal protective equipment.
The former lawmaker represented Fagge Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives between 1999 and 2011 on the platform of the defunct All People’s Party.
He also contested against the present lawmaker, Aminu Sulaiman Goro, in 2015 but lost the election again.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students