Estimated Reading Time: 1
Igbo socio cultural Youth organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide has issued a stern warning to the Federal Ministry of Health to resist the temptation of ordering the distribution or administration of the imported covid 19 vaccines to the people of Southeast geo political zone.
OYC insists there is an alleged (evil) plot to use Igbos as Guinea pigs to test-run the efficacy of the imported covid 19 vaccines.
The group cited intelligence showing that the imported vaccine might be the substandard brand and not suitable for human beings.
“We wish to alert Igbos not to accept any free vaccines in any part of Southeast or anywhere in Nigeria, there are attempts to invade igboland with covid 19 vaccines and igbo youths will resist it with our sweat and blood,” parts of the statement signed by OYC President General, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, stated.
OYC further warned that any health official who insists on administering the vaccines must show example by administering it to himself or herself in public first.
“Our expectations are that, there should be public administration of these vaccines to top government officials as a measure of encouragement for public acceptance and any Igbo politician championing the covid 19 vaccines in the Southeast must use himself or herself and immediate family to test run it before the public.
“If there’s no causality after 4 days, OYC will lead the campaign for public acceptance. Igbos should avoid the vaccines and resist the distribution.”
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party