Estimated Reading Time: 1
Hoodlums have reportedly disrupted a conference organised by the Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG) to address raging security concerns in the region.
NewsWireNGR reports that the Coalition of Northern Group says its state chapters will trek to Daura, the country home of President Muhammadu Buhari, in protest against the abduction of at least 600 students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State.
The meeting, which was holding on Monday morning at Arewa House in Kaduna, had to be abruptly shut down when an unspecified number of armed men invaded the venue.
Cartoonist Mustapha Bulama was amongst those who shared news of the disruption on social media Monday afternoon.
NewsWireNGR could not immediately confirm why the thugs shut down the meeting.
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52