Estimated Reading Time: 1
Hoodlums have reportedly disrupted a conference organised by the Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG) to address raging security concerns in the region.
NewsWireNGR reports that the Coalition of Northern Group says its state chapters will trek to Daura, the country home of President Muhammadu Buhari, in protest against the abduction of at least 600 students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State.
The meeting, which was holding on Monday morning at Arewa House in Kaduna, had to be abruptly shut down when an unspecified number of armed men invaded the venue.
Cartoonist Mustapha Bulama was amongst those who shared news of the disruption on social media Monday afternoon.
NewsWireNGR could not immediately confirm why the thugs shut down the meeting.
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications
- COVID-19: Lagos state has started conversations with Pfizer for vaccines – Sanwo-Olu
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism